Dr. Paul Anastas, science adviser to the EPA and assistant administrator for the EPA’s Office of Research and Development, is speaking at the International Congress on Sustainability, Science, and Engineering in Tuscon, AZ, on Jan. 12, 2011.
Dr. Anastas is widely known as the “Father of Green Chemistry”, and has an extensive record of leadership in government, academia, and industry relating to sustainability goals, initiatives, and implementation.
"It's no coincidence that the leaders in business are also the leaders in sustainability thinking," Anastas says. "The businesses that thrive, grow, and endure, will be those that best incorporate and operationalize sustainability principles into their core business,"
Topics of focus for Anastas and the ICOSSE’11 include:
- Sustainable manufacturing
- Water reuse and sustainable management
- Natural resource management
- Sustainable materials, processing and product design
- Non-fossil transportation and power generation
- Product life cycle assessment on reuses/recycle/remanufacturing.